Liver function and detoxification
Actions and Indications
To assist detoxification
- Sulfate renders metabolites more water soluble for urinary excretion
- Sulfation of bile salts increases their solubility in water, in turn increasing renal and faecal excretion
- To regulate bile viscosity and its flow through the gallbladder
- Biliousness, nausea
- Sodium and sulfate act together to maintain fluid balance in connective tissue
- Fluid imbalance in specific tissues (e.g. breast tenderness, fluid retention around arthritic joints)
- Clear and shiny with no coating
- Greenish brown coating at back of tongue
- Serrated or scalloped edges
- Yellowing of sclera
- Yellow/orange lymphatic zone
Contraindications and Cautions
Use caution (due to sodium content) with severe cardiac, renal or liver disease.
None clinically significant noted in the literature at the recommended dosage.
Sodium may increase the risk of oedema associated with antihypertensive agents (calcium channel blockers, vasodilators), corticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, oestrogens, liquorice and carbenoxolone.
Active Ingredients per tablet
- Sodium sulphate - anhydrous 195 mg
Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - As professionally prescribed.
Suitable for use in pregnancy and breastfeeding.